- Author Unknown
Welcome back. I hope you had a great month. I sure did.
In the interest of what has happened in the past month, I am happy to report an almost flawless transition and assimilation into my new home.
Truthfully, I was feeling anxious about my new circumstances at Saint Mary's College when I typed my last post; I felt not an overwhelming sense of fear, but of awareness for the coming change. The reason I reveal this to you now is because in order for this blog to achieve the transparency I want for it, I need to be completely honest with both myself and the internet.
Okay, I was scared of it. So what happened? Where you scared as it happened?
In the first weeks of college, I met more than fifty people, won a brain-damaging 'contest' to enjoy my first Redbull, hiked to a local landmark at night wearing questionable items of clothing, spontaneously sang in Italian to a full class, and got lost while navigating from my new home to my old home... and I did it all clean and sober (I'll make a post about that sometime).
Does that sound like a person who's afraid?
Yeah, didn't think so.
Here with me, I have a special guest. I may have special guests on this blog for the following reasons:
- It's mah f@#$ing blog. I thought we already discussed that...
- It's a new and exciting formula that nobody really tries out in their blog
" Make awesome friends like Andrew, and maybe one day, that awesome friend will let you sleep in his comfy chair. The end."
*clap clap *
She says thank you for the applause. I can honestly say that this college has been my best decision that was only my decision. The process of choosing to go to SMC could have not gone better for me. The challenge before me is to make sure that was a good decision. Like, for instance, I should avoid staying up at a time like this (yes, the time that you're reading this counts as well. I totally know you read this when you're high at two in the morning. It's okay to admit it. I won't tell...) when there are more important things to do.
So, I'm not perfect. That doesn't mean I'm going to make this post a rant. I just think there is always more to be done, but I'm one of those people who can say everything well but then only execute what's said when forced. That's how I am. It's important to recognize certain things like this about yourself, because it plays a huge part in your personal growth.
What I learned:
- It's important to track your personal evolution as you grow
- Begin with the end in mind
- You won't be afraid of change after it's all over
- How different do you feel when Summer vacation ends?
- Do you feel older after a month?
- What is your favorite flavor of pumpkin pie? (trick question)
1) I never feel any older, just glad i am finally done with the year behind me.
ReplyDelete2) No..but i now worry that there is one less month left in this amazing place
3) I like apple Pie actually....
Also I think its great Blogger JUST told me about your blog from two days ago, or thats just when you started it....and you really did just post it............. "Posted by AndrewNONYMOUS at 1:15 AM" and "Monday, October 17, 2011" when its now the 19th...can are kinda possibly contradicting.
Experience....for me it is generally the best teacher cause its lessons do truly stick.
and lastly
CLAP, CLAP and CLAP followed by an full applause and a marching band for Becca's appearance in this post.